I will sit down and finish my posts about my two AMAZING vacations: 1) Our honeymoon 2) Christmas in the UK. I've never had the chance to do so much in the past few weeks--it was all so incredible and I experienced so many new cultures/foods/vague things/ect. Again--tons of photos, all of which are currently on my hubby's computer so I'll get him to either zip or Shutterfly those bad boys to me so I can finish those posts. A break from the focus on running, but I did so many different activities between the Caribbean and the UK, it was a nice and needed change.
But onto the cliche' New Year's post! I know everyone does it, and I think it's important to reflect on the old and see where we want to go in the future. For me, when I write it down, it becomes "fact" sort-to-speak. It's in black and white and I can go back to it to remind myself and refocus when I get lost along the way. Know what I mean?
2012 sure had it's stressors...and fantastic answers right back at them.
- In the beginning of the year we'd just gotten back from my folks house in New England and was struggling with and extra 10 pounds I'd gained since moving to Texas. In July we bought our house and I took up running, took that off and then some and unexpectedly found a new love and some serious fucking empowerment.
- Deciding to look for, save for, and find a house we loved and wanted to buy. Once we found one we loved, we couldn't let go--this was a house we could picture living in, bringing children into, and the bank didn't make it easy for us. Constantly waiting to hear on pre-approval and final approval--then waiting on the folks selling the house to get back to us on the offer, coming back with ridiculous counter offers and never finishing repairs we asked for--but nonetheless, we're here and love it. Now, if I could just keep it clean...
- Trying to finish my degree throughout all this--which FINALLY HAPPENED in June! Job to show for it...ahhhh....pending...but I have faith I'll get there.
- The job situation. I was at one practice that went through a major overhaul in February--new physicians came on and it became a small circle of hell. Then I received a phone call to join a practice that a doctor I used to work for started up. Thinking it was a great opportunity, I took it. I have to say, easily one of the worst decision I've ever made. I didn't know hell until this job. I was used, abused, and never given an commendation for the achievements made in the office. Finally, I spoke my mind last week, went on vacation despite their attempts to sabotage it. They fired me...VIA TEXT. And never actually said the words "fired" but simply told me to come turn in my keys and get my things. The following day, I received a voicemail while I was in an interview (Yes, already, because I'm awesome) from the office manager that fired me explaining that they really needed help and 'wanted to make a deal' so I could come back and train someone until they could find someone else/I found something else. She asked that 'we be adults about the situation,' and 'it could be mutually beneficial.' Right, so that's why you TEXTED me to tell me you didn't want me there. Something tells me it was impulsive and the doctors told her to ask me back. Here's the thing--I may need a job, but I will never sacrifice who I am, everything I have said, and all my abilities to go back to a job that would drop me and all my hard work at the drop of a hat. So, to be adults, just like they'd been to me---take your job and GO FUCK YOURSELF.
|Couldn't have said it better, dude.|
Well, that went on a little longer then expected--sorry 'bout that.
Anyways, onto the awesomeness of 2012--which reiterates some of the above!
- Celebrating out 1st year wedding anniversary :)
- Buying our house and vowing not to move...like, ever.
- Running! 397 miles since mid-July. 1st and 2nd in my age division in two 5ks, and finishing a ridiculously hilly 5 miler. Also, registering for two half-marys for 2013.
- Reconnecting with my friend Melody--thick and thin, bad and good--I know she will always be there.
- Yearly family reunion in NH--pure bliss!
- Our belated honeymoon to the Caribbean
- Christmas vacation with a ton of family in England
- Work on my confidence and comparing myself to others
- Incorporate more strength training in my workouts
- Write more--blogging and short stories
- Getting in more water
- Keep better communication with friends and extended family
- Dress better--I've got to get something more then t-shirts!
- Remember to stretch more
- Cleaner eating--avoiding sugar substitutes, and chemical ridden "low/non-fat foods"
- Concentrate more on being content at work then how much money I make
- Continue running even after the half-marathons
- New job
- Get the horses out of the kitchen and paint the orange room (There are these tiled horses from the last folks in our kitchen in the backsplash--and one bedroom is PUMPKIN orange.)
- Grow my hair back out ( I miss crimping it up!)
- Most importantly and most exciting--GET PREGNANT :)
|Total mind blow!|
What about you guys--what did your list, if any, include? Any similarities??
That all said, Happy New Year, ya'll! I wish everyone the best this year. Keep on keepin' on and as always....
Go Fork Yourselves,